Friday, March 11, 2011

Fleece doughnuts - Deployment project # 2

a little while back someone asked about fabric food patterns on a facebook group I am on. Thus the watermelon I rencently made. Well, as I was looking at the archives to tatertots and jello, she posted about an etsy shop that had had some real fun felt food. I decided I wanted to make more for my boys, especially my middle child. I posted the blog post on fb and a friend sent me a bunch of links. The first link started with doughnuts, so I decided to do the same. In that blog, she had picked up a dunkin doughnuts bag to put them in. Well, we don't have a DD, but do have a KK (Krispy Kreme). So I decided the boys and I HAD to go buy a dozen so I wouldn't feel like a dork asking for a clean box. Because I use fleece a lot for costumes for my boys, I use my huge stash of fleece scraps.



The doughnut's tutorial was linked at the original blog to Skip to my Lou.



Since my middle child picked the St Patrick's Day doughnuts, at first I was going to go with 12 holiday themed doughnuts, but decided to do colors instead. He just turned 3, and does not have his colors straight, so figured I would do a double wammy and make them educational too :)



though, I have adorable crochet eggs, I plan to make more, and include some fleece ones too, just cause I can :)

border="0" href="http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com"
target="_blank">src="http://hadfield.smugmug.com/photos/825895175_xmTVA-O.jpg"
alt="Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap
up party!" />



13 comments:

  1. Adorable, look good enough to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacob said he hopes they don't try to eat them. Normally middle man gets it, but with them in an actual KK box, we will have to see when he first finds them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I would love to make something like this for my daughter! Visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower! I would love if you would link these up to my first linky party for kids crafts and activities on Monday!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hope to see you Monday!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, my son loved them and he was all about putting them back in the box and now we can work on his colors with them :) if I remember, i will def post on Mon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Maggie! Thanks for your comment on my post about the St. Patrick's Necklace. Your blogger profile is "no reply" (your e-mail isn't automatically listed), but I wanted to say I would probably wear it with a plain white or green top with a plain cardigan. Since the necklace is a bit busy, a plain top would be best. : ) I love these felt donuts--they make me crave the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So yummy and calorie free!! I invite you to link your creative project to my blog bash K.I.S.S. Happy to b a new follower. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  7. chiara, that is what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. so like a jewel neck? Thank you :) I will look into my email thing and try to fix it...

    Christina, thank you, I will tag up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. chiara, that is what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. so like a jewel neck? Thank you :) I will look into my email thing and try to fix it...

    Christina, thank you, I will tag up :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for linking up to Made by Little Hands Mondays! I love how these came out and have to put them on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks and no problem, glad I remembered :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I feel honored to be linked, thank you!! I will do, I actually sewed 4 more last night, plain, red, blue, and pink. Just need to find or buy stuff for grey and white :) Have many more plans :) Can't wait to see your blog.

    ReplyDelete